Back to back sessions:
1) What did the Victorians See in the Stereoscope - Mr. Denis Pellerin
2) A Victorian Visionary: The Untold Story of William England - Dr. Gerlind-Anicia Lorch
3) Excavating Views: "He Looks so Royal and Confident" - Dr. Neal Sobania
4) From Stereoscopes to Reenactment: Visual Immersive Representations of the South African "Anglo Boer" War (1899-1902) - Mr. Santos Z. Roman
5) Minstrelsy, Blackface, and Racialized Performance in Nineteenth-Century Stereoviews - Dr. Melody Davis.
3D-Con (https://3d-con.com/) is the annual convention of the National Stereoscopic Association (NSA). It is for photographers and collectors of stereo (3D) images and anyone interested in 3D imaging including 3D movies and Virtual Reality. It will be held August 12-15, 2021
PLEASE NOTE that we are limited to posting 3 main events per day, but we have many more as seen in the “all” tab, and in the “3D (Stereoscopic) Photography” channel
The convention has programming for the collector as well as the photographer. Among the highlights are the 3D Theater, Workshops, virtual Art Gallery, Guest and Keynote Speakers and Special Interest Group (SIG) meetings. There will also be social gatherings on Zoom and other online forums. A highlight will be a symposium on the history of stereoscopic photography.
It is free of charge, but we do accept donations. With a paid registration you will receive a package that includes a commemorative Viewmaster type reel and several types of viewers and glasses you will need to view images presented during the convention.
The 3D-Con website will have a calendar of events and will be updated regularly. Facebook users are encouraged to join the 3D-Con group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/3dcon). There will be ongoing updates and opportunities to connect with other attendees. There will also be spontaneous workshops or social live streams. The group is currently open and may be joined anytime.